HFS filesystems read/write

David Chart ubuntu at davidchart.com
Sun Nov 7 00:56:57 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 18:14 -0600, Tommy Trussell wrote:

> Can you post the fstab lines you tried?

I tried yours. Didn't work. I also tried defaults,umask=777 (which
previously gave all users rwx access to the disk), but that didn't work
either.

Actually, I now think this may be a Warty bug. When I mount the disk in
verbose mode, it says:

/dev/hda4 on /transfer type hfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,user=david)

where I assume 'rw' means 'read/write', but when I try to write to the
disk, I am told that it is a read-only file system.

No sign of it in bugzilla, but is this actually a bug?
--
David Chart
http://www.davidchart.com/