WARTY review

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 20:38:37 UTC 2004

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:27:03 -0800, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at canonical.com> wrote:
> What happened when you tried?  If you want a minimal install, you should
> type "custom" at the very first boot prompt when booting the installation
> CD.

Well, apparently I didn't try -- I guess I've seen those
"Debian-style" help screens so much I don't read them anymore...Sorry
for the presumption....

I'm trying right now and ... it fails in the same way the new Debian
Install does. (I filed Debian Bug  #278753, though it's not the
greatest bug report ever.)

It looks like it's the same problem-- the root file system gets
totally trashed during the package installation. Now I will boot from
the Ubuntu live CD and run fsck just to be absolutely sure.

I don't have any trouble installing Woody on this PC... so it seems
very odd to me.