gnome "mounted" network shares

Erik Bågfors zindar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 15:21:27 UTC 2004

If you use a gnome-vfs aware application it should just work.  You'll
find them all on the left side of the open dialog.

However, all applications in ubuntu are not gnome-vfs aware. I just
tried to open files with gedit and that's not a problem, totem also
seams to work etc. Opening with OOo, firefox, "Image viewer" (which is
eog) doesn't.

I think I've read about patches to OOo that will add it so maybe in
hoary this will happen?

/Erik