Fonts not installed.

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 04:25:06 UTC 2004

On 01 Nov 2004 17:17:05 -0500, Godfrey <glam at 295.ca> wrote:

> When I open a documents using Scribus (the best kept secret in DTP!),
> the "Missing Font" window pop up, it says the Font Luxi Sans Bold is
> not installed, and it ask me to select another font instead.  As I
> scratching my head, I searched the font in Synaptic(I also inclued
> universe), but no luck.  So how do one goes about to install the font
> in question?

I'm running Hoary and I just installed Scribus (and the dependant
package "libqt3c102-mt") to check this out for you and the issue
you're experiencing doesn't happen on the version in Hoary. If your
error is just a warning and you can click past it and keep working, I
think that's what I would do instead of moving to Hoary. It's
definitely not as stable as Warty in general (which is to be
expected).

Having said all that, I'm not sure why the Luxi fonts aren't installed
either (as Julio mentioned). AFAIK, those have been on every other
distro I've used. I grabbed them off my Slackware box for you. You can
grab them here:

http://www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu/luxi_fonts.tgz

On the Slackware machine, they were located here:

/usr/X11/lib/fonts/TTF

I hope that helps!

--
Aaron