multihead X

Ladislav Lhotka lhotka at cesnet.cz
Mon Nov 1 07:32:12 UTC 2004

V So, 30. 10. 2004 v 23:55, Keith Irwin píše:

> > Section "Device"
> >         Identifier      "ATI Radeon 9200SE Port 0"
> >         Screen          0
> >         Driver          "ati"
> >         BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
> > EndSection
> >
> > Section "Device"
> >         Identifier      "ATI Radeon 9200SE Port 1"
> >         Screen          1
> >         Driver          "ati"
> >         BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
> > EndSection

I have two different video cards - i810 and ati. It works if I start one
session on :0 (vt7) and another one on :1 (vt8), BUT first has to be the
ati and second i810 - it doesn't work the other way around. However, I
am not able to get the sessions active simultaneously - the first one
freezes when the second one is being activated.

Also, I wonder - do you have an independent keyboard for each session?

Cheers, Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka
CESNET, Czech Republic