Enterprise Ubuntu?

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 05:50:05 UTC 2004

Just noticed on the web site a mention of the entreprise version of Ubuntu.
Any rought idea when we'll see this one for the first time?  And I'm
guessing that someone would have to pay to get it, ala Red Hat RHEL?

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/ubuntu/releases/document_view
Enterprise releases

In addition to the regular six-monthly releases, the Ubuntu team may
make an Enterprise Release (based on an existing time-based release)
that has received additional stabilisation, polish and translation
work. These Enterprise Releases will be supported for a longer period
than the standard 18 month support of the time based releases.
Upgrades will be supported from enteprise release to enterprise
release.