cdrom and dvd (migrating from woody)

justBE ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Nov 3 22:00:27 UTC 2004

Matt,

I have the same problem, but I didn't quite find the proper solution
for my problem. I got warty finally installed on my machine (using the
workaround mentioned in bug 1440), but both, my ide cd-rw and dvd-rw
are not detected now. Looking at dmesg there are these entries:

ide0: I/O resource 0x1F0-0x1F7 not free.
ide0: ports already in use, skipping probe
ide1: I/O resource 0x170-0x177 not free.
ide1: ports already in use, skipping probe

which look somewhat suspicios... :\

my /etc/modules looks like this:

# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
# to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
# a "#", and everything on the line after them are ignored.

sd_mod
psmouse
mousedev
ide-cd