Help with sound please

albi albi at scii.nl
Thu Dec 30 11:57:59 UTC 2004

geoff wrote:

> I'm not getting music in Xmms even though it tells me the name of the cd
> in the drive and lists the tracks. I didn't install KDE I just installed
> XMMS.

as a sidenote, you might also want to try beep-media-player
(apt-get install beep-media-player, it's based on xmms)

http://beepmp.sourceforge.net/

did you read http://ubuntuguide.org/index.html#dvdplayback ?

> I ran alsamixer and all are at 100% and nothing muted.

does your alsa also have the OSS-comp. modules loaded ?
and your xmms uses OSS as default plugin ?
do you get sound in the console with ogg123 ?