sudo on ubuntu. what's wrong

ultrakorne ultrakorne at paranoici.org
Thu Dec 30 03:50:55 UTC 2004

sorry if i alredy asked this question but i cannot solve and have some
new info...
i dont know why i cannot made sudo run as i want on my warty, on deb sid
i am running succesfully sudo.

i want simply to run ls (for example) as ROOT without password, this is
my sudoers, and the problem is the system is still asking me the password
# sudoers file.
#
# This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.
#
# See the man page for details on how to write a sudoers file.
#

# Host alias specification

# User alias specification

# Cmnd alias specification

# Defaults

Defaults !lecture,tty_tickets

ultra ALL= (root) NOPASSWD: /bin/ls

# User privilege specification
root  ALL=(ALL) ALL

# Added by Ubuntu installer
ultra ALL=(ALL) ALL

if i run sudo ls, the system ask me for the password
on auth.log, when i run 'sudo ls' and ctrl-c the passwd

Dec 30 04:28:06 localhost sudo: (pam_unix) authentication failure;
logname=ultra uid=0 euid=0 tty=pts/3 ruser= rhost=  user=ultra

if i write the wrong pass

Dec 30 04:46:36 localhost sudo:    ultra : 3 incorrect password attempts
; TTY=pts/3 ; PWD=/home/ultra ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/ls

but, i set NOPASSWD why still sudo ask me for the pass ? whats wrong

tryed
ultra ALL= NOPASSWD: /bin/ls
ALL ALL= NOPASSWD: /bin/ls
ALL localhost= NOPASSWD: /bin/ls

but the syntax is corret, is useless try to change those details...

this is drive me mad

i edited with visudo... but something is corrupted? what can i try