MS game Risk II - question from newbie

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Tue Dec 28 12:33:26 UTC 2004

Oliver Grawert wrote:

>hi,
>Am Dienstag, den 28.12.2004, 09:01 +0000 schrieb Sean Miller:
>

>>Just taken a look at the archive; it's intriguing because just about
>>*everybody* seems to want "reply to list", yet one or two people say
>>"the general consensus was to stick with how it is"...
>>Broken threads, solutions which are not shared with the community -- how on
>>earth can that be good?!?!? I do not understand that logic at all...
>>
>>Also, people seem to think that a "Reply to list" button is the norm....
>>on what? I do not use Evolution, but none of my mail clients have such a
>>thing...
>>

>may i kindly point you to this standarization document from 1977 (!)
>which specifys the transport of list email ?
>http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc733.html

interesting... shame everybody appears to have ignored it...

>it is a problem of your mail application, not of the listmaster as you
>can see there. without such standards there would be no internet, no
>linux and no exchange of information between systems at all. so please
>poke the author of your mail app to implement that feature if he didnt
>regard this standard to make it function as sane as other mailapps.

I do not know the author of Thunderbird or gmail, do you? Clearly you
would not have a high opinion of them if you did, however, through your
tone in this message...

Interesting that one has to take a document 27 years old to justify a
policy on a list from 2004... the fact that most other lists do "reply
to list" must, presumably, mean that the current "truth" is slightly
different from that in 1977 when the internet was in its infancy...

Sean