KVM messing my mouse

Thomas Kaiser thomas at kaiser.linux-site.net
Mon Dec 27 10:57:44 UTC 2004

I had a similar problem. I am using a KVM PS/2 style. And the mouse was
not working correct after the first boot without switching with the KVM.
this problem was only there with 2.6 kernel, 2.4 was working fine.

For the 2.6 kernel I had to add the argument "proto=imps" to the
module psmouse in modules.
/etc/modules:
# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
# to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
# a "#", and everything on the line after them are ignored.

psmouse proto=imps
mousedev
ide-cd
ide-disk