How to report feature requests ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 26 05:06:22 UTC 2004

Le samedi 25 décembre 2004 à 22:43 -0600, Kent Frazier a écrit :
> > Yes, would be great to have a dedicated mailing list for feature
> > requests. Would also be super great to have a mailing list dedicated to
> > Hoary. The 'user' list should be for 'users'. Users use the stable
> > version. Hoary is a development version, anything Hoary related should
> > go to a 'dev' mailing list. Mixing Warty and Hoary, I find, is really
> > annoying, to say the least.
> >
> > Vince
>
> Those of us who use Hoary are still users, Vince.  I am in support of
> separating the list into stable and development versions if the devs
> think it is a good idea, but as I have mentioned before, there may be
> good reasons to keep the lists united as well.  Anyone higher up have
> an opinion on this?
>
> Kent

Hello Kent,

I didn't mean to start a debate :o)
Let's compromise... let's assume that people are using the stable
realease, Warty for the time being, because that's the only official
Ubuntu, the one people are supposed to use. Hoary is development
version, 'normal' users shouldn't even know about it. We will only know
abut it in April...when it's a stable release.
To avoid mixing Hoary stuff with Warty stable stuff, avoid confusion and
help manage the traffic, couldn't we say, for example, that any Hoary
related message, should have the word "hoary" in the subject line, in
some way ?  This way, people can easily set up their client to filter
Hoary stuff. I don't think it's too much to ask, and some people already
do it, so let's just make it the official 'netiquette' ;o)

What do you think ??

Regards,

Vince