Vitelcom usb adsl modem

Kent Frazier kentfrazier at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 05:01:41 UTC 2004

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 04:48:58 +0100, Charley Ramm <charleyramm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using a vitelcom usb adsl modem. How can i tell if ubuntu has
> picked it up and installed it correctly? Also, how do I set up an adsl
> connection? I have not done it before in linux.
I believe most DSL modems work through PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet).
There is a HOWTO available for DSL under Linux at
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/DSL-HOWTO/index.html
Back when I was wrestling with this issue myself, most modems were not
supported via USB.  Not sure if that has changed.

> And: How can i determine which device my mouse is is /dev?
Most likely, it is /dev/mouse.  This in turn will be a symlink to some
other more specific location.  If you want to know where, try 'ls -l
/dev/mouse'
Good luck.

Kent