'TextDraw' -> man page ???

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 25 02:29:20 UTC 2004

I am trying to convert a jpeg photograph into ASCII characters, so that
I can print it withg the 'phosphor' screen saver, using my own text
generating program.

I had a look in Synpatic, found several apps to convert video streams,
but nothing to convert still jpeg pictures.
Basically it's the picture  of a wedged shaped car. I was thinking that
maybe, if I converted it into black and white, then 'cut' the car, then
converted it into 'line art', keeping just the outlines nad a few other
secondary lines, it could look half decent, once converted into lots of
dots, and other '-', '/', '\' characters and the like.
Does anyone know of such a program, any good ?

Failing that, and before I start drawing it by hand, I found this little
program in synaptic, called "Textdraw'.
sadly the man page is a joke, and the best I can google is this page :
http://web.uta4you.at/shop/td/ which doesn't help me much either.

Does anyone know of a decent user "manual"/page for this app, or can
just explain it to me off-list ?

Regards,

Vince.