Network Services

Maximilian Gerlach m at px0.de
Sat Dec 25 00:39:03 UTC 2004

Hi Kevin,
the mysql server is not running by default - just as the smbd. You can
browse shares, but to share something by yourself, you have to install
the samba daemon by yourself. Search for it somewhere in the network
settings (iirc). The mysql server should be in the packet
"mysql-server". Google a bit, or search the wiki - I'm not in Ubuntu
ATM, so I can't look it up exactly.

Maxi