How to get LinNeighborhood working?

Chuck Vose vosechu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 10:35:08 UTC 2004

> 1. Where does useradd "cut off" on automatically assigned UID's?

it doesn't really cut off so much as adding a user with an ID of 12000
will garauntee that you wont hit a conflict for a little while :)

> 3. I was under the understanding that my samba setup dodged this issue
> by forcing read/write as a specific user (mpd), if this isn't the case
> what's the point of the force user/group stanzas in smb.conf?

I also believed this but perhaps, considering what's happening on your
box, this isn't the case? I really don't see it working with Windows
either but perhaps this is just a fluke bug or something else in the
smb.conf is changing it's functionality (but I can't imagine what)

Sorry for lame answers, at least the first question was easy :)
-Chuck