Midi Player for Noteedit?

Steve Haines haines at ita.com.py
Mon Dec 20 22:08:06 UTC 2004

Two questions, really. 1. What is a good choice for a midi player in
Ubuntu? I need one to play the midi files from Noteedit.

2. Has anyone had any luck getting a midi device to configure within
Noteedit? The program claims to be ALSA compliant, but I can't figure
out how to get a score to play back with audio. I could export the file
as a midi, and then play it back with a separate player, but what a
mess. BTW, Noteedit is in the Debian archives, but installs and runs
nicely (other than the difficulty in configuring a midi device within
the program).