Ubuntu iBook G3 Performance

nigel beeken nbeeken at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 20 18:29:04 UTC 2004

 --- Ecmel Ercan <ecmel at ercansoy.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am considering to buy a secondhand Apple iBook
> G3/800 with 640 MB RAM
> and AirPort card.
>
> Any feedback is appreciated regarding Ubuntu
> performance and compatibility
> on such a system.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Ecmel

I am using ubuntu on my G3 ibook and everything works
fine .The installation is painless and installs
everything you need for a fully functional linux
setup.I used to use Debian but switched to Ubuntu and
find everything is ready to use with the minimum of
command line usage - mouse button emulation works out
of the box - yaboot config is minimal if you want to
dual boot macos9/X.
Ubuntu in my opinion is the best linux distribution
for mac users.
Regards Nigel