Ubuntu iBook G3 Performance

Ivo Marino eim at mentors.debian.net
Mon Dec 20 20:36:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 17:56 +0200, Ecmel Ercan wrote:

> Hi,

Hello Ecmel,

> I am considering to buy a secondhand Apple iBook G3/800 with 640 MB RAM
> and AirPort card.
>
> Any feedback is appreciated regarding Ubuntu performance and compatibility
> on such a system.

In poor words: Ubuntu GNU/Linux just rocks on my G3 iBook2:
700MHz, 256MB RAM. The performance is really good and every single
hardware component of the system is supported.

> Thanks a lot,

I just can recommend you this niece piece of hardware.

> Ecmel

Regards,

 I.

--
   .''`.   Ivo Marino <eim at mentors.debian.net>
  : :' :   irc.FreeNode.net chan #debian-mentors
  `. ``    UIN 32463141 + JID eim at jabber.linux.it
    `-     Homepage http://mentors.debian.net/~eim/