Ubuntu & the underdeveloped world

Giovanni Sce giova at digitalright.org
Sun Dec 19 16:20:30 UTC 2004

I thought we shouldn't talk about politics and similar
on this list, but... luckly... I guess we are all interested
in the subject, so, I'll throw in my observations too.

I thought too Americans in general were not responsable of
the nasty actions of their governemts (infact the current one
is not the only bad one).
... but... I changed my mind (both opinions formed while living
in US).

Americans elect their government as well as their representatives
in the congress (and we saw who the elected in the last elections,
and we saw how representatives standed about Gore-Bush recount in
2000 and on Iraq invasion case).

In NYC (one of the few "politic" cities of this country) I have been
protesting in the streets many times together with just 200
brave souls about Iraq invasion, Repubblican Convention and last
election. In my opinion (old european school) this is not "doing
politic" (and infact many Americans consider that a bad thing,
therefore better to let it to media and oil corporations).

And last, the corporations' globalization may be something some
Americans don't agree on, but, the American life-style wouldn't
exist otherwise.

Ciao,

Gio

http://www.digitalright.org
Building ICT capacity against disparity!