kubuntu thanks

WW ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Dec 18 04:13:55 UTC 2004

> The laptop has a 12.1" LCD, and is limited to 800x600 resolution.
Some
> application windows open with the bottom portion of the dialog and
the
> buttons out of view.

This is apparently a bug in metacity. See bugzilla #1288.  My screen
resolution is 1024x768, and I see this problem quite a bit (running
warty).  Some programs come up with the bottom of the window below the
lower panel, and the top already flush against the top panel, so you
can't simply move the window up to grab the bottom and resize.  One
workaround that I've learned to use is the -geometry option that is
available in many commands, eg. "xdvi -geometry 680x684".

--
WW