'X' emulating Monochome displays ?

Duncan Anderson duncangareth at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 21:16:21 UTC 2004

Vince,

I am sure you can find an X Server for monochrome displays. There always
used to be one. I am not sure about current versions of Ubuntu, but I
have used monochrome X servers for many years. The first one I used was
X11 version 3 running on SCO Xenix 386 version 2.3 in about 1989. It was
called "XSight" and there was a monochrome version, a 16 colour VGA
version, and a 256 colour SVGA version. I am currently running a
Mandrake 7.2 box as a CD writing server with XFree86 in monochrome mode.
I am sure it can be done on Ubuntu.

cheers
Duncan