Apple Mac : what model for Ubuntu ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr
Fri Dec 17 13:40:21 UTC 2004

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your advice.

I think I better not hurry and buy something in a whim. So I think I
will wait a 6 or 12 months for my finances to improve (it's a disaster
right now, thank God Ubuntu is free ! :-).
I have archived all your precious mails and links for future reference.
Basically I wanted a Beige Tower G3 ever since I worked on one at Uni,
it was a scanning workstation with a big A3 Epson scanner and 21 inch
monitor. I just loved the case, the silence, and the general look and
feel of Mac OS and everything.
So I will wait for a super mint one to show up on ebay, and hopefully by
the time one appears, my finances will allow me to bid on it.
I was hoping that a dual beige G3 existed, but looking at "applemuseum"
site, it seems that only the G4's had such a motherboard.

Maybe it's possible to retro-fit a G4 motherboard to a Tower Beige G3
case ? That would be ideal...

Thanks again for all the info..

Vince