#_of_desktops

Brian Puccio brian at brianpuccio.net
Thu Dec 16 17:04:44 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 05:12 -0500, wulf wrote:
> How many are other people using? I suspect most people stick to four
> but I could be wrong...

8.

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

1-gaim (IRC, AIM, Jabber and ICQ)
2-firefox (using tabbed browsing, everything is in one maximized window)
3-shell (4)
4-rhythymbox
5-evolution
6-bunches of nautilis windows
7-revelation
8-empty (temporary place for me to put some windows)

I guess I was very used to a large CRT and the huge screenspace I had
with 4 desktops, however, I saved my pennies for a laptop and the
resolution isn't quite as high, so I found myself at 6, and now 8
desktops.  I expect to be in the minority.