Applications in next Ubuntu

Le grand pinguin rm at mh-freiburg.de
Wed Dec 15 14:20:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 08:44:56AM -0500, clasqm wrote:

> Alexandre Figueiredo Wrote:
> >
> > A Corporate Desktop to me should have:
> > GNOME 2.8 or later
> > OpenOffice
> > Firefox
> > Evolution
> > GAIM
> > xmms in place of this that remember the Apple iTunes.
> > Utilities that really helps somethings... like a client to Windows
> > Terminal Server
> > Tools to burn a CD, like K3B
> >
> > But, I think that GIMP - great app - should not be there.
> > I?m not a Web Design...
> >

> Let me get this straight - you personally don't need a graphics app,
> therefore NOBODY needs to get the Gimp?
>
> OK, I don't do Instant Messaging. Ever. So we can get rid of Gaim. Cut
> out Gnomemeeting while we're at it. I don't use that either.

Open Office -- only for WIMPS! Nobody here in my team uses it!
VI is enough - oh, le'me see, i just edited my kernel compile params
for my Dec Unix with ed. Seems to be all i need for serious work ... ;-)

Is it really so irritating to see apps in the menu one doesn't use?
Maybe suggest a config app (gui?) to easily enable/disable menu entries.

 RalfD