samba write freezes (only on Ubuntu)

Asko Kauppi asko.kauppi at sci.fi
Wed Dec 15 10:12:45 UTC 2004

Hi, all.

Something has happened with my Samba setup, perhaps 'apt-get upgrade'
has change things, or..

It used to work allright, but now I am unable to write to the host.
The weird thing is, all permissions etc. seem to be right (and reading
& browsing the host; no problem).  But when I do like 'touch aaa' on
the Samba host, the Ubuntu client just freezes.. nothing happens.

Pressing Ctrl-C, the file has been created but has (of course) no
contents.

Has anyone _any_ idea, what's going on here, and where would the Ubuntu
client get stuck?  The host can be used perfectly from both WinXP and
Gentoo Linux clients.

oh, and by the way, the host is run on OS X if that matters. :)

-ak