iceWM instead of Gnome

Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski kewlopi at wp.pl
Wed Dec 15 06:41:06 UTC 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:12:12 +0100
"Ingo Lantschner (Lists)" <ingo.lists at vum.at> wrote:

> I have a PIII/600MHz with 128 RAM - its so slow with Gnome.

 <free advert>Try XFce4</free advert> :)

> I already found some icewm...deb and installed them with dpkg --install,
> but I have to switch the desktop from Gnome to iceWM now - and I do not
> know how to.

 If you're still using GDM, try select IcmMW session as default. It should
sit somewhere on the bottom (sorry, I can lead you by hand, I don't use
GDM;-). There's another way, you could just write yourself a .xinitrc, put
it in your home dir and pass there, what exacly would you like to run when
,,startx'' is invoked.

--
,'''.  | Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski, TPnets.com departament of software
: :' : | http://opi.pegasos.pl