Hardware Raid?

zerokarmaleft ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Dec 13 01:47:25 UTC 2004

AFAIK, IDE RAID support for Highpoint cards operating in RAID 0 or RAID
1 is not available in 2.6.x kernels, but IS available in 2.4.x kernels.
I've got an older Highpoint with two 80GB WDs in RAID 0, and I had to
add boot into a 2.4.x kernel manually configured with Highpoint IDE
RAID support.  From there, I can properly mount the NTFS partitions
that are on the RAID array (/dev/ataraid).  I'm sure that installing a
2.4.x kernel into Ubuntu will break some things (udev and hal, for
instance) so I use a live CD whenever I need something off those
drives.  Once I get another hard drive big enough to backup everything
on the RAID array, I'm going to delete the array and use the drives
individually.  Software RAID is still an option, at least.

--
zerokarmaleft