fonts in ubu sucking, was: Windows typography reproduction

Frank Merenda fmerenda at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 18:50:10 UTC 2004

> oh, these fonts r00l now.

What a concidence, I got my laptop back from getting a new motherboard a few
days ago. I just installed Ubuntu on it, and the fonts were blurry - much more
so than with Fedora, so I knew it wasn't my monitor. I found the link posted
above (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=4456) and placed the new config
in my home dir, logged out and back in, and the fonts are BEAUTIFUL now. No more
blurr, my eyes are so happy about it! :) I hope that this gets fixed in Hoary.

Now I have to get back to work since I can see again. :)

Take care,
-Frank