Synaptic Upgrade error

Russell Cook ruscook_oz at yahoo.com.au
Sun Dec 12 07:48:45 UTC 2004

Hi All,
I received the following whe doing an upgrade tonight.
==== begin quote ====
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/gnome-menus_2.9.2-0ubuntu3_i386.deb (--unpack)

trying to overwrite '/etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu', which is also in
kdelibs-data

/var/cache/apt/archives/gnome-menus_2.9.2-0ubuntu3_i386.deb

==== end quote ====

I guess I can search for the KDE package and ask synaptic to uninstall
it and then reinstall gnome-menus.
My question is, is this the correct thing to do in this instance?

thanks

--
Kind Regards
Russ