MPlayer Debs From Synaptic....

ubuntu@port76 ubuntu at port76.com
Sat Dec 11 18:45:57 UTC 2004

Hi,

this is my first post to this list so hello everyone.

I have just spent time building/installing MPlayer from source yes the
whole process took some time but was not to difficult thanks to a great
HOWTO link http://www.oldskoolphreak.com/tfiles/hack/ubuntu.txt.

I have now seen that Synaptic lists some MPlayer debs when you do a
search. Has anyone got experience in using the pre-built debs instead of
compiling from scratch? I am currently testing ubuntu so it's likely I
will have to do a re-install shortly once I've worked out exactly what I
need installed so I'd like to minimise setup time.

Does anyone know of a recommend/popular software list for use with
ubuntu. What I mean is say I wan a newsreader I can go there and look up
newsreader/Usenet reader and chose one based on merits/opinions of
users.

Thanks for reading. Have a good day.

Lalit