Totem/Eina/Gamp

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 11 15:21:13 UTC 2004

> Hi Vincent,
> The XFce project has a media player called xfmedia, it uses gtk2 and is
> available as a separate bit of software. Poke around at
> http://www.xfce.org/ or add this to your sources.list
>
> deb http://www.os-cillation.de/debian/ binary/
> deb-src http://www.os-cillation.de/debian/ source/
>
> Myles

Hi Myles,

Yes, xfmedia looks like it could satisfy me, looks like Gamp or Eina.
(didn't find anything on xfce.org but found it on gnomefiles.org as it's
a gtk app)

Synaptic installed it fine, but it refuses to start. When I (try to)
launch it from a terminal, I get this error :

"error while loading shared libraries: libxfcegui4.so.3: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory"

I did "locate libxfcegui" and it returned :

/usr/lib/libxfcegui4.so.1.0.9
/usr/lib/libxfcegui4.so.1

Does that mean I need to upgrade this lib ? And does that mean tha tI
already have TWO versions of this lib ? 1 and 1.0.9 ? If so, then I
guess adding a third version can't hurt much more, if that  gets the
thing working...

I see that Xfce was originally a French chap's project, makes this DE
that much more desireable (being a frog myself ie.. )

Vince