Hoary pitfalls?

Myles Green rmg57 at telus.net
Fri Dec 10 06:26:05 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-12 at 00:01 -0600, Ross D wrote:
> After almost an hour of playing around with installers and config
> files, I got the latest NVIDIA driver (6229) to install and load
> properly and work with Xorg in the 2.6.9-k8 kernel, both for amd64.
> It's pretty sweet now, I can post config files and procedures if
> people are interested.

Yes, please do. I, for one, would be interested in seeing how you did
this. Also interesting to me is how you got xorg and the 2.6.9 kernel
installed. I'm certainly not new to Linux, as I've used one version or
another exclusively for the last 7 years but my experience with Debian
(and it's derivatives) has been very minimal due, unfortunately, to the
way I was treated on the Debian-Users list. I find the Ubuntu community,
on the other hand, to be refreshingly helpful and friendly.

TIA,
Myles

--
Myles Green <rmg57 at telus.net>