UBuntu on older machines ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at wanadoo.fr
Thu Dec 9 16:48:32 UTC 2004

> GNOME's performance issues are largely memory and disk related. It's not CPU
> bound, so a slow machine won't hurt a lot, they just tend to have low memory
> and slow disks. :-)
>
> If you have 192-256MB RAM minimum, and reasonable disks (or use an NFS root)
> you'll be fine.
>
> - Jeff

:-O !!!

Wow, I will go get some more RAM and install it !! :o)

How marvelous, every new Windows versions just keep forcing you to
upgrade your system, but lovely Linux let's you use your 'old' machines.

Windows : computer = consumable
Linux   : computer = investment

Long live Linux, long live Ubuntu.

Thanks Jeff, you really just put a banana smile on my face ! :o)))

Vince, in love with his Penguin.