will firefox 1.1 make hoary release?

Ross D smoothrt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 00:04:14 UTC 2004

I know most of the people on this list love ubuntu and want the rest
of the linux community to endorse it.  One of the most common
complaints I've heard from critics of Ubuntu is that Warty just missed
including Firefox 1.0, and was stuck with 0.9something.  I was looking
at the roadmap for firefox, and also came across this article about
it's future:

http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=5719

>From the comments, it sounds like Firefox 1.1 is going to have some
pretty signficant performance upgrades.  Apparently this is due out in
March, just before Hoary should be released if I'm not mistaken.  I
think it would be great if preview releases, release candidates, beta
versions, or whatever is available for firefox make it into hoary at
least in time for it's preview release, so when hoary has it's final
release, it is able to have the final version of firefox 1.1  I think
this would help the appeal of ubuntu to other users, and attract old
and new users for it's highly uptodate broswer.  If it misses, it'll
be another package that ubuntu non-believers can complain about not
being included and having to wait until Grumpy.  Just my thoughts.