Rosegarden4

Nathan Sprangers wolfe at cwazy.co.uk
Tue Dec 7 16:33:42 UTC 2004

Nathan Sprangers wrote:

> I posted this problem a couple of weeks ago, but haven't found a fix.
> When entering notes in notation editor, C's and D's are displayed as
> G's and A's respectively.  I've checked the matrix editor and event
> list editor and they show the notes as being in the correct place, but
> for some reason notation editor still displays them as G's and A's.
> This is on ppc, so I had to build the package from source, but I've
> checked the x86 version and this doesn't happen.  There are no bugs
> filed with Ubuntu, Debian, or Rosegarden's own site as far as I can
> tell.  Has anyone else tried using this?  Any tips would be greatly
> appreciated.
> Thanks,
> ~Nathan

Found the bug.  Line 441 of base/NotationTypes.C begins as:
    const char C = -2, D = -1, E = 0 ...

Should be:
    const sign char C = -2 ...

This has been changed in version 0.9.9 (warty provides 0.9.8-1) to const
int.  I compiled this successfully and it works (haven't tested it that
much though so there may be even more fundamental problems with this
version!)

In the event that 0.9.9 is stable on my machine, is there a howto for
making a .deb from a source that wasn't downloaded via apt-get source?
~Nathan