Install problem on Dell Inspiron laptop

Wander Boessenkool wander at tomaatnet.nl
Mon Dec 6 18:40:20 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 18:03 +0000, Neil Woolford wrote:

<snippage id="cd unreadable" />

> Suggestions welcomed, as I'd really like to have Ubuntu running on this
> machine in place of the current SuSE 9.
>
> I'd even consider the horrors of a floppy/network install if I have to!

You could add a nice example to your coaster selection, then download
and burn a new cd, or you could try copying the disc-contents to your HD
_before_ installing, then boot with something like loadlin... (see other
threads about how to do this)

--
Indien u de inhoud van dit bericht reeds vergeten bent,