Audigy LS and Ubuntu

Bnonn bnonn at orcon.net.nz
Mon Dec 6 08:23:18 UTC 2004

Hi everyone, I have a Creative Soundblaster Audigy LS which I'm trying
to get working in Ubuntu. I understand that the LS is supported by Alsa
1.0.7. Since I had installed Warty (which comes with 1.0.5), I added all
of Hoary's repos to my repo list, and did an apt-get update && apt-get
upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade (whether or not this means I am
technically running Hoary now I am not entirely certain; could someone
clarify?)

Synaptic now lists my current Alsa version as being 1.0.7, which is what
I need for Audigy LS support, however I'm not sure what else I need to
do to get Ubuntu to recognize the soundcard and load the drivers for it.
Alsamixer currently only shows my BT TV card. The soundcard shows up ok
in the device manager, and I know it's working. I'm just not sure what
manual steps are needed to configure it correctly.

Can anyone help?

Bnonn