Running solfege under Ubuntu

Nathan Sprangers wolfe at cwazy.co.uk
Sun Dec 5 22:07:04 UTC 2004

Lex Hider wrote:

>If anyone can get solfege [music ear training software from universe]
>working with Ubuntu, can they please inform me on how to do it.
>
>I don't really understand linux & midi.
>I have a Creative SB Live!
>
>I used to run it in woody using timidity for software midi and haven't
>been able to get it working since.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Lex.

I've tried to run solfege under Ubuntu too without success.  Timidity
exists in universe, however since timidity-patches aren't in Debian
Unstable I'm guessing they weren't pulled into Ubuntu.  You can download
the .deb for timidity-patches (sorry, can't remember exactly where I got
it) and install it via dpkg, but I'm still running into configuration
problems.  I'll look at it some more and let you know if I come up with
anything.
~Nathan