UbuntuPPC - Text too small

Romeyn Prescott prescor at digirom.potsdam.edu
Sat Dec 4 19:44:27 UTC 2004

At 7:45 PM +0100 12/4/04, Sebastian Müsch scribbled:
>Hi,
>
>Henry Keultjes wrote:
>
>>  The text that shows right after the system starts to bot is way way too
>>  small.
>
>Sorry, but that's the way Apple thinks, the textsize has to be, so there
>will not be any option to change this before you start a "real" OS ;-)

Actually...

Edit your /etc/yaboot.conf file.  In the "image"
section, find the "append" statement.  If there's
something there in quotes already, insert a space
at the end before the last quote and add:

video=aty128fb:1280x1024 at 60

On the iMac on which I just installed Ubuntu, this append statement reads:

append="quiet splash"

so the new one would read

append="quiet splash aty128fb:1280x1024 at 60"

Change the resolution to whatever you want, as
long as your monitor supports it.  Also, this is
for an ati128 card.  You may have to change the
"aty128" thingy to whatever OF reports is your
video card.

I can't remember if you have to re-run ybin after you edit yaboot.conf...

...ROMeyn
--
signat-url: http://www2.potsdam.edu/prescor/signat-url.htm