UbuntuPPC - Text too small

Sebastian M=?ISO-8859-1?B?/A==?=sch sebastian at sebastian-muesch.de
Sat Dec 4 18:45:42 UTC 2004

Hi,

Henry Keultjes wrote:

> The text that shows right after the system starts to bot is way way too
> small.

Sorry, but that's the way Apple thinks, the textsize has to be, so there
will not be any option to change this before you start a "real" OS ;-)

The textsize you see is the textsize available by the Open-Firmware (on the
PC it's called the BIOS, "almost" the same). While the PC-BIOSes a VGA
(640x400) resolution during boot until today, Apple boots your screen with
the standard resolution of your graphics-adapter or, if you have a device
with a fixed screen, your display (both >= 1024x768). But both use the
standard-font available by the graphics-card (I think nine pixels high), as
this is the only font available without loading big chunks of software. ...
So my only tip for you is to buy magnifying glass too if you decide to buy
the 30'' display like I did ;-)

cu
Sebastian

--