installing from cd-rom

loom loom loom1977 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 4 18:14:40 UTC 2004

I have downloaded today the iso imagie for i386 and burned it on cd rom to
proceed with my installation. However i cant boot from the cdrom that i have
placed the iso. I use Compaq Presario X1030us Interl Centrino 1.4Ghz laptop.
And it didnt boot from the cdrom even i made changes on my bios to boot from
cdrom.
I have tried to check site from other files if they were needed to boot from
cdrom, I have downloaded files from http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/IsoImage
and downloaded files debian-cd_info.tar.tar,
vmlinuz.txt,initrd.txt,initrd_list.txt(even i didnt get txt files would do
with cd boot)

I have also added those files to the folder and burned on cdrom alltogether
once more, and I failed once more and without any wonder it didnt initiate
with the installation. Honestly, I don't think its a matter of my laptop,
but there might be somethingelse I might be inneed of and hardly can say
website has been helpfull at all.

Whats that i am in need or missing? and what suggestion would you make? If i
would ever start with installation I would like to repartition one of my 3
partition to open space for Ubuntu. Will it be possible to do that thru
installation(some linuxes provide tools to do that during installation).

Thanks already,