avoid syncronising clock and how to dial-up

altern enrike at altern.org
Sat Dec 4 11:44:01 UTC 2004

  hi all

couple of stupid questions I guess.
I just setup my network connection yesterday and my problem now is that
every time Ubuntu loads up it tries to syncronise the computer clock to
the one on ubuntu server. Because i have dialup connectionn at home its
cannot syncronise at all as its not connected by default. So it takes
several seconds until this is timed out. How could i disable this?

And this is the stupid question: how do i dial up? I was using SuSE
before and there was some small application to do this but i cannot find
anything like this in ubuntu.

thanks

--
enrike