Menus are gone

Ed Fletcher ed at fletcher.ca
Sat Dec 4 05:05:30 UTC 2004

Ed Fletcher wrote:
> Here's an odd thing.  I used my computer this morning and everything was
> fine.  I left it on all day (I always do, I just turn off the monitor)
> and when I got home, the menus were gone.  So are the shortcuts for
> Firefox, Thunderbird and all the rest.  The only things left on the bar
> are the printer and sound icons plus the date and time.  These are on
> the far right hand side.  Everything else is blank.
>
> It will probably come back if I log out and log back in again, but I
> thought I'd leave it like this if anyone wants some info from my system
> while it's like this.
>
> Hmmm . . right click on the bar has no effect except on printer icon and
> the stuff with it.
>
> I'm running Warty on an Athlon 2600XP with the 386 kernel,  I've
> installed the 686 kernel a few days ago but I haven't rebooted yet.
>
> Ed

More info:  Right click has no effect on the desktop either.

This is bizarre!

Ed
--
Ed Fletcher
ed at fletcher.ca

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty or democracy?  -  Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)