Can't burn CDs from Nautilus.

David M. Carney carney1979 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 00:13:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 22:49:55 +0000, Neil Woolford
<neil at neilwoolford.co.uk> wrote:
> I've just tried for the first time to burn a CD on my Ubuntu system.
>
> I can select files and open up the CD burner in Nautilus, but I can only
> write to a file image;  there is no physical drive available in the
> dropdown on the 'Write to disc' panel.
>
> The drive used to write CDs in the system I took it out of, so I'm
> confident it *is* a writer :)
>
> I did think I'd found the problem when I looked in /etc/fstab and found the
> CD drive was set up as ro, but changing this to rw didn't help,
> even after a reboot.
>
> So, in a nutshell;  I have a CD writer fitted to my system, but the system
> thinks it is only a player.  How do I change this?
>
> Neil
>
> PS  The drive *reads* data and audio CDs without any problems...
>

> ---

Maybe this will help. This is what my /etc/fstab line looks like for
my DVD writer. I think it would be the same for a CD writer.

/dev/hdc        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 ro,user,noauto  0       0

Do you have the package "nautilus-cd-burner" installed?

David

--
Registered Linux User #297958

** I Have 1 Gmail Invitation. First  request gets it. PLEASE email me
direct at carney1979 at gmail.com to get it. **