How to fix the sleep problem on a G3 iBook2?

Wouter Eerdekens retuow at xs4all.be
Thu Dec 2 09:15:24 UTC 2004

Hi Ivo,

Sorry for the late reply, work got in the way...

> Have you applied the patch to the pbbuttonsd source package which you
> can automatically download via apt-get source pbbuttonsd?

No, I just added a script under /etc/power/scripts.d or
/etc/apm/scripts.d (can't remember which one) to start/stop dbus-1
on sleep/resume. Perhaps you've found a solution in one of the other posts,
otherwise I'll check it on my ibook this evening. At work I have an ibook
G4, which doesn't sleep at all right now (I know it can be done, but
haven't done so yet...)

Cheers,
Wouter