Need a wiki

Mike White lists1 at b0nk.org
Wed Dec 1 21:57:47 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm looking for a Wiki system that will run on a Warty server.  I had
been using phpwiki[1] for a while on debian stable, but debian bug
#273049[2] prevents me from using phpwiki on Ubuntu/Apache 2.0.

I'm looking for the following features:
  - User login / locked pages
  - No learning curve for entering
  - In ubuntu universe
  - Works out of the box with minimal configuration more or less.
  - Mysql backend preferred.

What does wiki.ubuntu.com use?  zwiki?  Is there a lot of overhead and
configuration for the Zope server?  I remember having a bad experience
getting another Zope-based system running.

Additionally, i'd say that phpwiki (as it is in universe) is unusable
with a stock Ubuntu (Apacke 2.0) system.  Is this a bug?  Or do we not
care because it's in universe?

Thanks,
mike

[1] http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/