Where's FireFox 1.0?

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Wed Dec 1 19:53:01 UTC 2004

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 01.12.2004, 13:58 -0500 schrieb Romeyn Prescott:
> >Am Mittwoch, den 01.12.2004, 13:14 -0500 schrieb brlmedia:
> >>  ps- or is it safe to stick with the firefox that's installed for the
> >>  time being?
> >why shouldnt it be safe to stick with well tested and supported
> >software ?
> >in fact the only user noticeable extra thing you get with firefox 1.0 is
> >a really neat search dialog and some ui polish.
> >

> Unfortunately, in the eyes of the "average" user, "not the latest"
> equates with "I'm missing out on something, even if I don't know what
> it is.  But I should have it anyway just because I can."  Do NOT
> misread me...in a world of IT snobs and bigots, I am a STAUNCH
> supporter of the "average user!"  But it's folly to tell people that
> old-n-busted 1.0 is still just fine when the gleaming, steaming new
> hotness of 2.0 is on all the billboards and TV commercials.

hmm, the "average user" i know is happy that the default forward and
back button are so nice light green which makes them better viewable....

....the "average user" i know, is happy to know that the little blue
globe starts the internet and that the little yellow button opens
his/her mailbox....

....and for your information, i didnt think of brlmedia as an "average
user" nor any other kind of user by your or my definition....i just
answered a question

>   (I'm not bragging, I'm COMPLAINING.)
i'd rather call it reasonless ranting and there is absolutely no reason
to shout here.....

unfortunately i have the feeling you neither read the question i was
answering nor did you understand my answer.

to sum up for you what i said in short words before:
someone asked if its _safe_ to stick with the shipped firefox and i
answered that the shipped firefox is well tested against the
distribution and that support is guaranteed with the shipped version.
further i answered that you will notice two things in the new version:
ui polish and a neat search dialog.

maybe my english is to bad as i'm just german....
... so i apologize if my writing was not understandable for native
english speaking people, otherwise i really dont understand your
excitement about this simple answer to a simple question.

ciao
	oli

--
got ubuntu ? --------------> GET UBUNTU !!!