[ubuntu-us] ubuntu-us.org website

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 3 11:48:10 GMT 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Craig Huffstetler
<craig.huffstetler at gmail.com> wrote:
> who will pay the registration fee for the domain,

Canonical owns the ubuntu-us.org domain, as with all other country
domains, they pay for the registration. We contact them for DNS
changes.

> who is handling web admin

Several folks have already stepped up for this team. Right now the
plan is simply regaining access for now so team development is an
ongoing process.

> and ongoing system admin. tasks

There are currently 3 admins with full sudo on the server, I'm the primary one.

> if there are hosting fees who will pay these?

There are no hosting fees, this Linode was donated to the project by
the Linode folks themselves.

> What if the Linode is shutdown in the upcoming months without notice?

This is the same issue with any hosting arrangement, but I trust that
they won't randomly pull out support. Bad press aside for such a
withdrawl, they have proven me to be a good, solid company these past
couple years (and I'm personal friends with at least one of the key
employees over there).

> I may be the party crasher in this e-mail chain, but I think all of these
> are good questions. I would just like to have a solid, organized plan in
> place before such a move occurs. I think this move can benefit us all (loco
> teams included) if it is well organized and thought out.

Of course :)

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com