[ubuntu-us] Government Service Initatives

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 16:11:25 BST 2009

Hello Everyone,

I was curious about a plea(1) recently to get more people doing
community service in the USA:

So I went ahead and checked out the website(2), and they seem to have
some fair good ideas and some tools that it might be worth either
emulating, learning(3) about or using (depending on where you are).

I've created a group for my LoCo to test things and get a feel for what
they're doing and if we can attract service orientated people who might
not be necessaryly technically inclined (by may wish to become so).

1. Plea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZaBHgj6jYE
2. Website: http://www.serve.gov/
3. Ideas: http://www.serve.gov/toolkits/general/index.asp

Thoughts?